Meteor Hammer is an item purchasable at the Base Shop, under Weapons. However, it requires an item from the Secret Shop to be completed.
Before we get into details, we are also providing Dota 2 Mmr boosting Service and Dota 2 coaching service. Where you can learn directly from the pros about how to use meteor hammer and all the other tips to increase your Dota 2 Mmr.
Additional Information – Meteor Hammer in 7.30
The item’s attributes grants the following bonuses in the Dota 2 7.30 Patch:
Mana cost is reduced from 125 to 100
Unit damage per second reduced from 90 to 60
Stun duration decreased from 1.5s to 1.25s
The impact radius increased from 315 to 400
Meteor Hammer – How to use Meteor Hammer
After a successful channel, summons a meteor that strikes a 400 AoE, stunning enemies for 1.25 seconds and dealing impact damage. Continues to deal damage over time to enemy units and buildings for 6 seconds.
Cast Range: 600
Channel Time: 2.5
Impact Radius: 400
Effect Delay: 0.5
Impact Damage (Units): 150
Impact Damage (Buildings): 75
Damage per Second: 60
Burn Duration: 6
Stun Duration: 1.25
Things to keep in mind while making/using Meteor Hammer
- When interrupted during the channeling, Meteor Hammer does nothing, wasting the cooldown and mana.
- The visual effect at the target area during the channeling is visible to allies only.
- The visual effect around the caster is visible to everyone who has a vision on the caster.
- The casting sound effect is audible to everyone who has a vision on the caster.
- The meteor takes 0.5 seconds to hit the ground after the channeling.
- Upon landing, all enemies within the impact radius, including Building but excluding wards, get damaged, stunned and receive a damaging debuff.
- The meteor first applies the debuffs, then the impact damage.
- Deals damage in 1-second intervals, starting 1 second after the debuff is placed, resulting in 7 total instances, including the impact damage.
- Can deal a total of 510 damage to units and 435 to buildings (before reductions).
- Multiple casts on the same targets do not stack, but refresh the duration instead.
- Provides flying vision within the targeted area for 3.8 seconds, starting upon channel begin.
- This vision stays even when the channeling gets canceled.
- Does not share cooldown with Fallen Sky.
Best Heroes to use Meteor Hammer on
Heroes with non-standard or long-duration disables have extra time to channel Meteor Hammer, allowing the wielder to extend the time the target is disabled.
In certain circumstances where he doesn’t need to drag enemies anywhere, Flaming Lasso provides just enough time to land Meteor Hammer, ideally when the affected enemy has many Sticky Napalm stacks for bonus damage.
The Kinetic Field + Static Storm combo traps enemies while preventing them from interrupting the channel; in return, Meteor Hammer augments Disruptor’s initiation with damage and a stun.
X Marks the Spot provides a way to reliably reposition the enemy under the meteor, and can be combined with his other AoE stuns for a large amount of lockdown.
- Ensnare roots an opponent long enough to set up Meteor Hammer.
- Song of the Siren sets up Meteor Hammer. During the song, start channeling Meteor Hammer, and shift-queue Song of the Siren’s sub-spell, giving enemies just a split second of time to cast spells.
- It is possible to do the combo frame-perfect with the help of a toggle item, like Ring of Basilius. While channeling the item, shift-queue the toggle item three times before shift-queuing the song’s sub-spell.
- Note that this combo is quite obvious when executed, since Meteor Hammer’s channeling sound and cast animation are visible and audible to enemies, which gives them more than enough time to prepare for it. Even with a frame-perfect timing, enemies can still cast non-targeted instant-cast spells and items.
Impale, in certain circumstances, has enough disable duration to fully channel Meteor Hammer on a whole group of enemies, made better with items such as Blink Dagger Blink Dagger and Aghanim’s Scepter Aghanim’s Scepter.
Sand Storm’s invisibility sets up for an easy Meteor Hammer. Also, you can combo it up with Impale
Disruption sets up Meteor Hammer.
Soul Catcher leaves the target very vulnerable to follow-up damage.
Pit of Malice traps enemies in a small area to nuke with Meteor Hammer.
Firestorm adds to Meteor Hammer’s AoE nuke damage.
Heroes with abilities that damage buildings can use Meteor Hammer to quickly bring down structures.
Bloodrage increases Meteor Hammer’s damage perfect for pushing towers.
Liquid Fire adds to Meteor Hammer’s building damage.
In addition, Ice Path, when properly timed, has enough disable time on a whole team without status resistance to land perfectly, potentially on Macropyre.
Nether Blast adds to Meteor Hammer‘s building damage.
Heroes who hide or go invisible can channel Meteor Hammer safely given enemy heroes lack detection or ground target disables.
Tree Dance lets Monkey King use Meteor Hammer while out of vision.
Cloak and Dagger allows the item to be channeled while hidden by invisibility, allowing him to stealthily initiate targets or push towers.
- During Nature’s Guise, Treant Protector can use Meteor Hammer while hidden in the tree line.
- Treant can also channel Meteor Hammer while opponents are rooted under Overgrowth.
Most Used (According to dota buff)
Meteor Hammer on Outworld Destroyer (OD)
Meteor Hammer active is guaranteed by Astral Imprisonment, provided you are not otherwise stunned. This grants extra damage and 1.25 seconds of stun to land arcane orbs. Also helps destroying the mid and safelane towers, opening up a large area of the map for your team.
Meteor Hammer can be used during Icarus Dive. This means you can start channeling while near an enemy tower and fly back to safety while the channel completes.
Tips to Use and Counter Meteor Hammer in Dota 2
Meteor Hammer can be hard to aim, as the long and obvious casting allows most opponents to interrupt or dodge the ability. Use the active in conjunction with disables, or after the target has expended their escape abilities.
If you find yourself vulnerable to disables, you want to invest for a Black King Bar. Black King Bar or a Linken’s Sphere, Linken’s Sphere to prevent your channeling from getting interrupted easily.
Meteor Hammer can be considered a situational item for teams that require extra siege power, as it deals 375 damage against buildings (about 1/4 of the HP of a Tier 1 tower).
Meteor Hammer can be used to quickly clear jungle stacks and creep waves.